About QuickeningQuickening is a members-only quarterly publication that provides midwifery news, research, and information to members of the American College of Nurse-Midwives (ACNM). If you would like to write for or contribute content to Quickening, please review our editorial guidelines before submitting your piece to [email protected].
Closing Dates for upcoming issues
March 2 - Advertising and editorial submission deadline for the Spring 2015 issue of Quickening.
Quickening OnlineClick here to access Quickening digitally via your computer, tablet, or smart phone. You must be logged in to access Quickening.
In Winter 2015 - the 60th anniversary issue:
- ACNM's 60th organizational anniversary
- UK NICE guidelines spark debate in United States
- Vote in the ACNM presidential elections
- Childbirth Connection report on birth hormones
- Health insurance explainer
- Historical perspective on the preceptor crisis
- 60th Annual Meeting preview
- Healthy Birth Initiative update
- Midwifery in recent media coverage
- Quiz: Test your knowledge! Are you an ACNM novice, in the trenches, or a pioneer?
Our online Quickening archive dates back to 2005. If you are looking for an article or issue from before 2005, please contact ACNM Writer & Editor Barbra Elenbaas at [email protected] with the issue date and article title.
Quickening in Print
As an ACNM member, you will automatically receive a copy of our membership magazine in the mail every quarter. If you would like to save trees and receive ONLY the digital issue, please drop us a line at [email protected].
Please click here for more information on advertising with the American College of Nurse-Midwives, and how to place an ad in Quickening.