State Fact Sheets
The document below is a combination of short fact sheets providing basic information about midwifery in every state. It is meant to be used by ACNM members in their discussions with policy makers, payers, employers or other stakeholders with whom they interact. The documents include the following items:
- Number of AMCB Certified Midwives, 2015
- Number of CNM/CM Attended Births, 2013
- Percent of all births attended by CNMs/CMs, 2013
- Percent of all vaginal births attended by CNMs/CMs, 2013
- Number of Birth Centers in State, 2015
- State Scope of Practice Statement
- Regulatory Environment (Autonomous Practice, Collaborative Requirement, or Supervisory)
- State Regulatory Board for Midwives
- Medicaid Coverage Fee-for-Service payment to CNMs as a percent of payment to physicians
- Recognized midwifery credentials in the state.
- Midwifery Education Programs in the state
To facilitate frequent updating, all of the state fact sheets are combined in a single fact sheet, you need only search for your state and print the applicable pages.