About QuickeningQuickening is a members-only quarterly publication that provides midwifery news, research, and information to members of the American College of Nurse-Midwives (ACNM). If you would like to write for or contribute content to Quickening, please review our editorial guidelines before submitting your piece to [email protected].
Closing Dates for upcoming issues
December 1 - Advertising and editorial submission deadline for the Winter 2015 issue of Quickening.
March 1, 2015 - Advertising and editorial submission deadline for the Spring 2015 issue of Quickening.
Quickening OnlineClick here to access Quickening digitally via your computer, tablet, or smart phone. You must be logged in to access Quickening.
In the Fall 2014 issue:
- TAZA Midwives, ACNM's new global partnership with our twin Zambian midwifery organization
- ACOG recognizes all midwives who meet the ICM standards for midwifery education
- Midwives are Priceless - a National Midwifery Week for the records
- Hot topics in sexual health: Where are the drugs for women?
- Drop what you're doing and watch our new video about midwifery care!
- GBS Cochrane review: a hot mess
- Stigma & mental illness in motherhood
- Meet the candidates for the 2015 ACNM board of directors
- Sound off on changes to the ACNM Bylaws
Our online Quickening archive dates back to 2005. If you are looking for an article or issue from before 2005, please contact ACNM Writer & Editor Barbra Elenbaas at [email protected] with the issue date and article title.
Quickening in Print
As an ACNM member, you will automatically receive a copy of our membership magazine in the mail every quarter. If you would like to save trees and receive ONLY the digital issue, please drop us a line at [email protected].
Please click here for more information on advertising with the American College of Nurse-Midwives, and how to place an ad in Quickening.