Midwives: We’re talking with other professional societies
about the use of Makena to prevent premature birth, and we need your input!
Feel free to comment below or e-mail comments to email@example.com:
- Do you prescribe synthetic
progestin to patients who have a history of preterm birth?
- If so, do you prescribe Makena
or the generic compound (17P)?*
- If you prefer 17P over Makena, is it due to cost or an issue of access?
- Do you feel safe prescribing 17P?
- Have you noticed any adverse reactions from Makena or 17P?
- Do your clients have issues accessing or affording these medications?
- Have you had any issues with insurance companies when you prescribe these
- Is insurance covering Makena?
- Have you had patients who need Makena but did not have Medicaid or other
insurance and are unable to get Makena?
- What are the costs of 17P vs. Makena?
Please share your experience! (Please remember to protect patient privacy by observing HIPAA
*17P is not a generic version of Makena. Compounded drugs are not approved or regulated by the FDA.