The 111th Congress: Legislation of Interest to ACNM Members
ACNM has endorsed the following legislation in the 111th Congress:
1. Amendment to the amendment in the nature of a substitute to HR 3200: Sec. 1726 Quality Measures for Maternity and Adult Health Services under Medicaid and CHIP
This amendment provides for the development, implementation, and reporting ofperformance measures of maternity care received by Medicaid and CHIP beneficiaries.
This legislation would authorize the Secretary of Health and Human Services to establish a women’s medical home demonstration project. Read a letter of endorsement from ACNM for this legislation.
3. Nurse-Managed Health Clinic Investment Act of 2009: S1104/HR2754
4. Breastfeeding Promotion Act: HR2819 / S1244
5. Fracture Prevention and Osteoporosis Testing: HR1894/S769
This legislation would provide for research on and services for individuals with, postpartum depression and psychosis.
This resolution asserts that national health reform should ensure that the health care needs of women and of all individuals in the United States are met.
ACNM has also been working on the following additional bills and issues:
This legislation would increase the number of primary care physicians and primary care providers and improve access to primary care and other health care services, and would authorize additional reimbursement for physician- and nurse practitioner-directed “medical homes”.
This legislation would require Medicaid coverage for freestanding birth center services.
3. Global Maternal Health Roundtable
For more information, contact Patrick Cooney at 202-347-0034, or email@example.com.