ACNM Virtual Lobby Week 2013
About Lobby Week
How do you make a difference in the lives of women and families in your community? Use your voice to deliver your story to Capitol Hill during ACNM Virtual Lobby Week May 13-17. On the heels of International Day of the Midwife and Mother’s Day, ACNM and the Government Affairs Committee (GAC) are once again asking midwives to call their legislators during this special season of honoring midwives and the women we serve. With just 15 minutes out of your week, you can join us in raising the collective refrain: midwives are skilled healthcare providers who need your support on maternity issues that benefit both moms and their babies.
How To Participate
Participating in Virtual Lobby Week is simple. All you need is a phone and e-mail access. You can complete these 5 easy steps in about 15 minutes whenever it is convenient for you—on your lunch break or even while your toddler naps.
1. Sign up for Capwiz action alerts (You already automatically receive these if you are an ACNM member.)
2. Open the e-mail you receive on May 14 and click on "take action."
3. Enter your zip code and follow the instructions for contacting your legislators.
4. After your calls, follow up with e-mails to your legislators or their staff members with whom you spoke or left messages.
5. Briefly tell us about your experience in the feedback box at the bottom of the call script in the Capwiz system.
Please join us in speaking out for midwifery with the following resources: