How do you make a difference in the lives of women and famililes in your community? Use your voice to deliver your story to Capitol Hill during ACNM Virtual Lobby Week May 1-3. To gear up for International Day of the Midwife, midwives will be contacting their legislators all week to raise this collective refrain: Midwives are high quality, cost effective solutions to the health care workforce shortage!
How To Participate
Participating in Lobby Week is simple. All you need is a phone and e-mail access. You can complete these 5 easy steps in about 15 minutes whenever it is convenient for you—on your lunch break or even while your toddler naps.
1.Sign up for Capwiz action alerts (You already automatically receive these if you are an ACNM member.)
2. Open the e-mail you receive on May 1 and click on "take action."
3. Enter your zip code and follow the instructions for contacting your legislators.
4. After your calls, follow up with e-mails to your legislators, or their staff members, with whom you spoke or left messages.
5. Briefly tell us about your experience in the feedback box at the bottom of the call script in the Capwiz system.
Spread the Word
Help celebrate International Day of the Midwife by forwarding this page to at least five midwives today (see share feature at the top of the page to send via Facebook, Twitter, e-mail or other virtual platform).
RSVP on Facebook at the Virtual Lobby Week event page to see who else is participating.
Take the state challenge; the state that logs the most calls by May 3 will be recognized at the ACNM 57th Annual Meeting & Exposition in Long Beach, CA, June 2-7, 2012.
Use thes tools to make your experience easy and effective:
1. Sample call script and video demo
2. Talking points
3. Find your legislators
4. Tips for communicating with legislators and their staff
5. Follow up e-mail example