Sixth Annual ACNM Video Contest
Submission Deadline: Tuesday, April 30
Midwives and student midwives are invited to show off their creative talents in the 6th Annual ACNM Video Contest. The grand prize winner of each category will win one free registration to the ACNM 59th Annual Meeting & Exposition in Denver, CO, May 12-17, 2014. Grand prize winners and runners up will be posted on the ACNM YouTube channel and considered for use in public relations efforts.
Our Moment of Truth - themed entries are welcome in each of the following categories:
Become a Midwife. Do you have a funny, compelling, engaging, or unique Moment of Truth about your decision to become a midwife? Become a Midwife is open to student midwives and new grads (one year or less past graduation date). Video content should focus on your desire and decision to become a midwife. Current enrollment in or recent graduation from an ACME-accredited midwifery education program is required.
2011 Become a Midwife Winner: University of Pennsylvania Nurse-Midwifery Program, Class of 2011
2011 Become a Midwife Honorable Mention: Kendra Adkisson, SNM
2010 Become a Midwife Winner: Stephanie Bussmann, SNM, University of California, San Francisco
2009 Become a Midwife Winner: Columbia University
Choose a Midwife. Use your passion and creativity to help ACNM raise public awareness by showing Moments of Truth from your perspective as a consumer. When did you realize midwifery care was the right choice for you? This category is open to midwives, student midwives, and midwifery supporters. Video content must focus on why women should choose a midwife as a birth care provider and/or a primary health care provider.
2011 Choose a Midwife Winner: Columbia University Nurse-Midwifery Program, Class of 2011
2010 Choose a Midwife Winner: University of Pennsylvania
- Entries will be judged on creativity, quality, and content aligned with the mission and strategic goals of ACNM - you may also want to brush up on the messages in Our Moment of Truth.
- Length must be between one and four minutes.
- Do not include copyrighted music or materials.
- Group submissions are welcome! (If a group submission wins, the entire group will be acknowledged as winners, but they must decide on one person from their group or affiliated education program to receive the grand prize.)
- Only one submission per individual or group will be accepted.
Submitting Your Video
- Send your video along with your name, practice or education program if applicable, anticipated date of graduation if applicable, postal address, e-mail address, and telephone number. Please also indicate which category you are entering.
- Videos must be submitted as an mpeg, mp4, or mov file and mailed to American College of Nurse-Midwives, c/o Video Contest, 8403 Colesville Road, Suite 1550, Silver Spring, MD 20910.
- All submissions must be postmarked by April 30, 2013. Questions should be directed to email@example.com.
Winners will be announced at the ACNM 58th Annual Meeting & Exposition in Nashville, TN, May 29-June 2, 2013.